An extraordinary, half pearl and diamond-set quarter repeating ring
watch with visible diamond-set balance - with original box
Case: 18k pink gold, rectangular-shaped case with cut corners, the
bezel set with half pearls, diamonds and gold pearls, slide for repeating
mechanism, push back with apertures for winding and hand-set, reeded
shank with triangular-shaped half pearl-set shoulders. Dial: enamel,
eccentric dial with Arabic numerals, signed, blued Breguet hands. Upper
part with a polished disc with four curved diamond-set arms illustrating
a visible balance. Movm.: rectangular-shaped movement, frosted,
gilt, 2 hammers, 1 bell, 2 barrels for going and striking train, cylinder
This is one of five known quarter repeating ring watches.
Achard & Fils
Achard & Fils was a watch manufacturer based in Geneva. The company
was founded in 1796 by George Achard under the name Achard & Cie.
Later the company changed its name to Achard & Fils.
Achard & Fils was well known for its enamelled watches. The company
ceased to exist in the 19th century.
See a book - Patek Philippe Museum, page number 73.